TOP TEN WAYS TO SPOT A TRUE INFLUENCER
Today, targeting influential people with large followers and an engaged and relevant audience to your brand is an effective way to spread news. BUT, how do you decided who are true influencers and worth dedicating time and effort to. Here are top ten tips to help you spot an influencer….
- Social media is the easiest way to hunt down influencers
- Blogs, news, social networks and groups are also a good starting point
- Search for relevant hash tags and find out who’s talking about, and commenting on, your industry issues
- Don’t just look at the number of followers ‘influencers’ have. How engaged are their followers? How many comments, likes or RTs do their posts receive?
- Follow influential people and checkout who they follow
- Identify conferences that are relevant to your industry and review the list of speakers
- Take note of who your competitors are following and engaging with
- Be aware of people who crop up in your industry publications as columnists or guest posters/bloggers
- If you get stuck or run out of time there’s a number of tools available to find influencers in your sector like BuzzSumo and Traackr
- Last but not least Forbes has come up with the following formula
Influence = audience reach x brand affinity x strength of relationship with followers
Hope the above helps, now go forth and find your influencers!